I brewed up another Belgian Wit kit on Monday night, this time a Brewferm
Tarwebier. I didn't add any orange peel or coriander this time,
just to see, and used only glucose. We'll see how it goes.
I tried to use the left over White Labs yeast I've had in the
fridge for a few months. By the next morning it hadn't done much, so
I rehydrated and bunged in the yeast from the kit. That seemed to get
It's gonna be a bit of a weak beer. For starters, the kit only
seems to be supposed to brew 15L when I'm doing 23L (with added
sugar) and the gravity was kinda low. Still, as always I'm sure it'll
Have a bunch of stuff on the way from Hop and Grape to keep me
going through the Winter. Forgot to buy some Campden tablets, so I
might need to make a trip out to Spencers for that.
Currently drinking the delicious first attempt at a Belgian
Wit. Waiting on the very
bitter IPA and the Xmas
keg beer. The cider
is, of course, still bubbling away.
Meanwhile, trying to get some good beers down to keep us through
the Winter. Space is going to become something of an issue.