I love listening to music and I love cycling into work. Not having a death wish, I don't ride along with headphones, oblivious to my surroundings. So I've rigged up a set of stereo Bluetooth speakers on the handlebars, which connect to my phone running Spotify for the music. The speakers aren't brilliant though: no bass, limited mid range. That pretty much rules out most electronic music, which needs some bass and clear mids. So I'm searching for music, suitable for cycling, that will sounds decent on these limited speakers.
If you've got a Spotify account, you can look at and add to the collaborative playlist
I've set up. If not, drop me a note in the comments.
So I suppose the specifications are:
- Sunny, happy music you'd listen to on a bright, sunny Summer day.
- Compressed sound that'll sound good on a $5 transistor radio over FM.
- No reliance on heavy bass or mids.
Music currently in the playlist:
- Belle & Sebastian - The Boy With the Arab Strap
- Belle & Sebastian - I'm a Cuckoo
- The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
- OutKast - Hey Ya!
- The B-52s - Rock Lobster
- Miss Li - Bourgeois Shangri-La
- Washed Out - New Theory
- The Virgins - She's Expensive
- MGMT - Time To Pretend
- Cut Copy - Lights & Music
- Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out